Sunday 22 January 2017

The Mint Room (Indian Restaurant)

Hellooooo,

Another weekend, another blog. But, a food one! YAY! I went to ‘The Mint Room’ in Brizzy (google it), it was an Indian Restaurant. I love food soooo much but I don’t really dine at Indian Restaurants and that’s because I love my mum’s cooking more than any Indian Restaurant. Obviously, mother’s cooking is irreplaceable. But I wanted to see what the Mint Room had to offer as I have heard many different reviews about the restaurant.

Interior Decor @ The Mint Room
I went to the Mint Room for my friend’s birthday party last week. My circle of friends is like a mixture of family members too (not close, very distant relatives) and everyone kinda knows each other as in family wise (more like village wise). So the Mint Room Owner/Manager actually knew one of my family members and provided us with many many ‘on the house’ dishes which were humbly appreciated by us all. Their service was top-notch; they really did take care of us. And we weren’t the quietest there either! By the way, the names of the dishes may not be the same name on the menu, I have described the dish as I have forgotten the names of half of them - there were way too many dishes!

Poppadums

We received some lovely crispy poppadums with mint sauce and tomato sauce once we sat down. We all took ages to look at the menu so the poppadums were a good snack for the time-being. 

Starters

Paneer Spring Roll & Fish Goujons
The starters were so well presented (as seen above), I was astonished at the Chef's innovative display of the food on the plate. I've never had paneer (indian cheese) in a samosa/spring roll before so that was a new texture and taste for me. I did enjoy it, the cheese maintained it rubbery format within the crispy pastry. I loved the portion size, and it came with a Indian soy sauce too. Absolutely gorgeous! Also, I loved the fish goujons - succulent, great portion size and I think it was the best starter, hands down! It came with a lovely tomato sauce as well.



Aloo Chana Chaat
The Aloo Chana Chaat just reminded me of family dinners during my childhood. This was one of my family faves especially during Ramadan. The manager/owner did mention that this was the most common kind of street food in India. I did thoroughly enjoy this dish, full of flavour and lots of colour. The consistency of the dish was quite bulky as it had potatoes and chick peas in but who doesn't love carbs? It had an authentic tamarind like taste, so a combo of sweet and sour - right up my street!


Chana Chur Mix

Chana Chur Mix was a great finger food! All of us were howling that down! This is an all time fave in so many countries like India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. I love the way the Mint Room took classic street food and they made it into a high-quality dish. The chana chur was mouth-watering and had a good crunch to it.

Quail and Quail Egg

I have quails in my garden and every time my mum decides to cook quail, I always avoid it because I see the baby birds running around. But, I thought I would be brave and I had to give it a go as the owner/manager was so kind enough to specially provide us with this dish. The verdict is I am still not overwhelmed with quail. The taste of the meat is so pungent and too flavoursome for me. The aroma of the dish was tasteful but the meat did ruin it for me personally. The egg was delicious, it does not taste like the normal eggs you would get in the supermarket. The egg had flavorful taste and a pleasant savoury flavour.



Mains

Murgh Makhani & Chana Masala
I ordered the Murgh Makhani as I knew it would be a mild dish. I would have ordered a spicier dish but I wanted a change. I wanted to try something that I don't usually. The dish was luxurious, the flavours of the chicken was throughout the whole chicken, and the chicken was so soft. Every bite with rice was scrumptious, it was so lovely and creamy! 100% recommend this dish to everyone!


I ordered Chana Masala too just as an extra with my Murgh Makhani. You will have to get used to having loads of curry when you have an Indian night, that's what it's all about. The chana was very creamy and mouth-watering. Definitely recommend this dish as a side to your main.

Keema Naan

The keema naan was a worthy alternative to rice but I did order both naan and rice. You kinda need the best of both worlds with curry. I love naan but when it's stuffed with cheese, vegetables or keema - it's even better!



Desserts


 The desserts were so tasteful, like literally made my taste-buds tingle. The ice-cream above was both creamy and ripe! The raspberry ice-cream at the top was tangy, sharp and bitter. It tasted similar to a very flavourful raspberry coolie. 

That was it guys - definitely a night to remember. I hope you enjoyed this food blog. Go check them out at 12-16 Clifton Road, Bristol, BS8 1AF 
www.themintroom.co.uk/bristol/

Thank you for reading :) 

Masuma
xxx

            Click below to follow me on

Instagram

Twitter



(All photo's are my own, if you want to use any pictures, please comment below)

No comments:

Post a Comment